|The Mission and Goals of The Housing Authority of the City of Lumberton
The Housing Authority of the City of Lumberton, a non-profit organization, was created in 1949.
The mission will be accomplished through coordinated efforts based on visionary leadership, proactive planning, effective responses to the challenges of social, economic and environmental changes and a flexible structure.
The Housing Authority of the City of Lumberton’s mission is to be concentrated and focused on improving the quality of life for the Residents and empowering them to take control of their lives to become self-sufficient and productive members of the community in which they live.
1. Focus on improving the quality of life for Residents by providing decent, safe and sanitary housing to moderate, low, and very low income families of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Provide and support training programs designed to empower Residents to be self-sufficient.
3. Proactively plan for environmental and economic changes that affect the services provided to residents.
4. Provide sound, fiscal management and maintain a high degree of fiscal solvency and stability.
5. Provide unified, coordinated and visionary leadership to carry the Housing Authority of the City of Lumberton forward in its efforts to meet the challenges and opportunities of its residents.
Values and Beliefs
1. Commitment to sound financial stewardship.
2. Commitment to enhance the quality of life for Residents in the Housing Authority programs.
3. Dedicated to prepare Residents to be self-sufficient and to make independent and rational judgment’s to live meaningful and productive lives in an environment with increasingly challenging social, economic and environmental changes.